I’m Bogdan, 24 years old, and still counting.
I am a man of many passions and hobbies. Lots of them are still out there waiting for me to discover them.
Some of them are traveling by hitchhiking, exploring the world and writing about it.
I did quite a lot of stuff during my time here, on Earth, and one of the biggest one is this project, WorldWideHitchHiker.
I started it in March 2013 and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. The idea is simple: I hitchhike around the world and volunteer in exchange for food and accommodation.
I’m doing this to raise awareness about the alternative means of travelling and about the possibility of exploring the world on a small budget, or even without money at all.
I am trying to fight the idea that “only people who have money can travel” by proving the opposite. In the same time I am gathering information about other ways of traveling cheap in order to share them with you, through my posts.
The fact that only at 22 years old I found out about one method, out of many others, of enjoying the world without money, motivated me to try it and to go on a big adventure.
So far this trip revealed to me many beauties of this planet and humanity, as well as many other ways of enjoying a trip without worrying too much about money.
Describing myself is hard and futile, because we all interpret each other through our own personal filters and standards.
For this, I invite you to talk to me and discover me through your own personal interaction with me!
Evenimentul zilei – February 2013: “Psiholog calator. Lumea, la picior, fara nici un “chior””
- newstm.ro – February 2013: “Bogdan, absolventul de Psihologie pregatit sa lase in urma o companie multinationala pentru a porni in lume, in cautarea sinelui”
- pressalert.ro – August 2013: “Povestea tanarului care a refuzat sa fie “robotel” de corporatie sau doua milioane de pasi spre libertate”
- Luxury Adventure(interview) – August 2013: “Bogdan Budai: “niciodata nu visam sa ajung in astfel de locuri!””
- Pressalert.ro – September 2014: “PORTRET Timisoreanul care a ales lumea si libertatea, in detrimentul banilor si al “robotizarii”. Cum a reusit sa parcurga peste 6.000 de kilometri cu autostopul si ce aventuri a trait”
- Evenimentul Zilei – September 2014: “Si-a lasat jobul la o multinationala si a plecat in lume. „Nu am niciun motiv pentru a fi stresat””
- VICE România – August 2015 – http://www.vice.com/ro/read/povestile-romanilor-cu-autostopul-de-la-soferi-libidinosi-la-criminali-internationali-254